Temporary to December 2020, possibility of extension
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
Purpose of position:
To process repertoire data from Re:Sound members, international music licensing companies, and direct assignors to facilitate the distribution of monies, levies and tariffs to rightsholders. The role reports to the Manager, Operations & Analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Process repertoire data in Opus (Internal database system) in a timely manner. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Analyse and correct repertoire files from external sources;
- Import repertoire files into Opus;
- Match repertoire data in Opus, including eligibility where applicable;
- Add verified repertoire tracks to Opus as appropriate;
- Create performer line-up information where applicable.
Match repertoire records to Opus broadcast records. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Cross-referencing repertoire records against Opus broadcast records;
- Conducting music related database and internet research;
- Identifying incorrect matches or conflicts.
Data analysis and management. Tasks include:
- Correct/update existing Opus data as necessary.
Assist with other projects/tasks as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in either music studies or business.
- Broad knowledge of various music genres including contemporary, classical, jazz, and electronic an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency in French an asset.
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.