Distribution Assistant – Claims
Temporary role – to December 2020
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Services, the purpose of this role is to maximize royalty distributions as efficiently and effectively as possible and facilitate the correct distribution of royalties and levies to rightsholders
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Liaise with member organisations as appropriate. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Responding to requests for data updates;
- Providing reports using existing tools, as requested;
- Resolving and reporting on eligibility conflicts.
Assist in maintenance of ad-hoc claim resolution solutions.
Review eligibility submissions. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all submissions are attached to intended track;
- Manually updating track eligibility to combine data from multiple sources;
- Proactive reporting on new conflicts.
Assist in day to day maker and performer claims processing as assigned.
Assist with other projects/tasks as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in either music studies or business.
- Broad knowledge of various music genres including contemporary, classical, jazz, and electronic an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasker with excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency in French an asset.
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.