Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights.
We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Coordinator works in the Finance Department which supports the business in processing, reporting and business consulting. The following is a general description of the position’s duties and responsibilities:
- Process daily incoming payments
- Record and reconcile customer payments in a timely manner
- Ensure timely collection of royalties and compliance and follow up on overdue tariff payments
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Maintain and update customer records in the system on a timely basis
- Prepare financial and sales reports and any ad hoc reports assigned
- Perform account reconciliation and assist with month-end closing
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit working papers
- Other duties as required
- Possess a university degree in accounting or commerce
- 1 to 3 years’ experience, preferably in Accounts Receivable capacity
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have experience in an enterprise accounting system (Epicor an asset)
- Effective attention to detail, strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently
- French speaking an asset
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.