Re:Sound is hiring a Data Analyst for an one year contract. We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and values team spirit. The ideal candidate has a very good knowledge of various database and business intelligence technologies, can easily adapt in a rapidly evolving environment, and will work passionately to the realization of business solutions. This position will report to the IT Manager. The following is a general description of the position’s duties and responsibilities:
Data Analyst – one year contract
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. On behalf of its members, representing thousands of artists and record companies, Re:Sound licenses recorded music for public performance, broadcast and new media.
- Design and implement reporting and perform data analysis to provide the business teams with timely and accurate information
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered in production databases and during various stages of project delivery, including during the deployment and implementation of solutions
- Perform proactive maintenance and monitoring of database instances
- Write stored procedures and scripts to automate processes and operations
- Participate in the full application life cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment using contemporary Cloud based development tools
- Work directly with the software development team on data modeling, logical/physical schema design, query tuning, and the application of data-related business rules
- Extract raw data from various data sources and aggregate it into cohesive and accurate datasets via ETL (extracting, transforming, and loading)
- Produce project documentation, including functional and technical designs, and end-user guides
- Translate technical requirements into well-designed, testable, efficient code by using software development best practices
- Perform code reviews
- Prioritize and cope with competing and changing objectives in support of long-term goals while maintaining stakeholder expectations
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends
- Proficiency in data analysis, reporting, warehousing, and data cubes, including use of tools such as SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, and working knowledge of Business Intelligence platforms such as Tableau
- Proficiency in database technologies and languages, including MS SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to performance, blocking and deadlocking, high-availability, replication, connectivity, security, etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and use of Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, and other iterative development methodologies
- Experience with using modern IDEs (Visual Studio) and SCM tools (Jira, Git, BitBucket)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and development tools quickly
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or a related major
- Essential – 4+ years’ experience in data analysis and support in an MS SQL Server environment
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during this process, please let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.