Re:Sound – Manager, People and Culture
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada. Together, with our member organizations, we work to maximize revenue at the highest level of efficiency and service to increase the value of music for our rights holders. Our 2021 – 2023 Strategic Plan has 5 Strategic Themes: Advocate to further the interests of rightsholders, Maximize Distributable Income, Accelerate Digital Optimization, Leverage Strategic Partnerships, Drive Organizational Excellence.
We are looking for a human resources professional to join our amazing team and take on the newly created role of Manager, People and Culture, reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Administration.
In this role, you will work with the executive team as a business partner to develop and execute human resource strategy to drive the overall business plan and strategic direction of Re:Sound and contribute to a high performing and innovative work environment that embraces diversity and inclusiveness and foster a constructive culture.
We are looking for an up-and-coming hands-on leader who can roll up their sleeves and is passionate about getting things done in a values based culture.
- Develop goals and strategies that align with our business objectives and act as a business partner to the leadership team on best practices for selection, development, and retention of team members
- Manage talent development, including performance management, career development, diversity initiatives, and knowledge management
- Oversee Human Resources services, compensation strategies, compliance, and policies
- Communicate updates on people and culture initiatives and champion all such initiatives.
- Track, monitor and report key HR metrics and KPIs to the leadership team to allow for better management of our human resources and continued focus on our culture.
- Develop and oversee talent acquisition strategy & initiatives, recruiting and onboarding/offboarding processes
- Administration of Group Benefit Plans, including well being initiatives.
- Assist with payroll, as necessary, and ensure back up support.
- Develop, implement and maintain an integrated HRIS.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Contribute as an active member of the Inclusion Committee.
- Working collaboratively with the leadership team, drive culture activities, including team events, town halls, team engagement and community engagement.
- Assist with special projects (enterprise or department specific) to ensure human resource and change management needs are properly addressed therein.
- Live and champion the Re:Sound core purpose and values in everything you do.
- Develop and maintain training and development program to meet statutory obligations and increasing the skills and capabilities of staff
- Coach people leaders to resolve employee relations issues and increase their people management skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- CHRP and JHSC certification is a plus
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Knowledge of change management and process improvement methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels within an organization
- Passion and experience driving culture initiatives
- Self-starter who is able to work well both independently and with teams
- Excellent planning, organization and follow-through skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Bilingual considered a strong plus
- A passion for music
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during this process, please let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.