Business Analyst | Permanent Full Time
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
The Business Analyst (BA) provides business process and systems proficiency in relation to business systems and information technologies. Reporting to the Manager, IT, the BA interactively works with business stakeholders to define the current and planned business processes, detailing the needs assessment and translating business requirements into measurable technology specifications. You will do well in this role if you are; great at facilitating workgroup sessions, have good experience in business process analysis and developing documentation, are able to identify and evaluates processes for improvement opportunities, able to prioritize and catalog business requirements and can multi-task across projects.
- Bachelors’ degree (computer systems and/or engineering preferred) or equivalent practical experience. CBAP or CCBA an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a business systems analyst role.
- Knowledge of various requirements elicitation techniques (interviews, prototypes, workshops, etc.) and different requirements methodologies (Use Cases, Unified Modelling Language, etc.).
- Experience working in an environment involving multiple stakeholders with competing objectives.
- Working experience with Agile, Scrum, Iterative and project methodologies.
- Experience in developing User Journeys maps, develop business process flows and training documents
- Experience using requirements definitions and management tools.
- Experience with implementing and or improving complex Backoffice or ERP systems
- Ability to manage with multiple demands, competing priorities, meeting deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact effectively.
- Eliciting, documenting and validating functional and non-functional system requirements in collaboration with the business, end users and project stakeholders.
- Performing requirements coverage and impact analysis through traceability of system requirements to business requirements, solution and test cases.
- Collaborating with external vendors and internal IT during their development phase and providing clarity on requirements and specifications.
- Facilitating with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to identify and resolve systems issues and identify appropriate changes required.
- Collaborating in the planning, designing, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Supporting project management processes during the project life cycle.
- Supporting the release management process for internal delivery of application and system changes into production
- Supporting Operations in production issues and other implementation problem resolutions.
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.