Position Title: Communications Leader
Re:Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
Re:Sound is recruiting for a Communications professional responsible for developing and executing a communications plan and external relations presence that will support the company strategy. Working as an internal consultant to the management team, the individual will provide advice and counsel to the team on key issues and opportunities. This role requires someone who is able to excel in a smaller organisation where developing and understanding strategy must be balanced with executing tactical and day to day operations without a support team.
The following is a brief description of the position’s duties and responsibilities:
- Create corporate communications such as annual reports, marketing materials and more enhancing brand, key messages and core values
- Work with stakeholder organisations to promote the value of recorded music and keep the organisation plugged in to the music industry
- Enhance relationships with media and press to ensure maximum, balanced and informative coverage of music copyright issues
- Oversee Re:Sound’s social media strategy and work with others in the company for implementation
- Monitor, maintain and update content on the company’s websites
- Identify opportunities for outreach to rights holders and stakeholders and participate in these events
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and abilities:
- 4-6 years’ work experience in communications and external relationship roles building great working relationships with peers, press and other stakeholders
- Developed network and established contacts in media and other organisations
- Experience executing communication plans aligned with corporate or organizational goals
- Experience that is a blend of strategic thinking and the ability to hands-on execute those plans
- Experience in an organisation that is required to influence public perceptions, government opinion/ legislation or media relations.
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple contributors including external vendors/suppliers
- University degree in a related field (communications, marketing, public relations)
- Bilingual, French/English
Re:Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re:Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.